Search This Blog

Eggnog

There are obviously tons of recipes online on eggnog, but I find this recipe to be the simplest. My dad loves to mix cocktails, and being the festive season, we thought this is something we could try together. This recipe is for a single glass of eggnog...and ofcourse I did experiment with different versions and different measure. Here is my favourite version:

Ingredients:













1 egg yolk
50ml cream
1cap of rum or bourbon
Sugar syrup according to taste
Nutmeg or cinnamon to garnish





















Combine everything in a shaker and dry shake for ~10seconds. Add ice and then shake again. Strain and garnish with nutmeg or cinnamon.

Tip: You can use any dark spirit. Trust me, don't bother with 'white' spirits. Leave your vodka, gin and white rum for a different cocktail. Avoid cream based liqueurs too as the recipe already calls for cream and your overall mix will be too heavy.