Search This Blog

Honey Sesame Chicken



There is this restaurant called PF Changs. You may have comes across it if you've travelled abroad. In my eyes, it can do no wrong. It makes lip smacking chinese food and one of my favourite dishes is the honey sesame chicken.



Its the most amazing combination of sweet and tangy. I can pop these like pop corn! Makes for an amazing starter. I've tried to rip off PF Chang's dish here. I know I come close, and if I don't, this chicken is still pretty good. I'll leave it up to you to decide though.



Serves 4:

300gms boneless chicken breasts cut into cubes
1 cup cornflour
Salt & pepper to taste
5 cloves of minced garlic
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp vinegar, preferably rice wine or cider vinegar
2 tbsp ketchup
1/2 tbsp sesame oil



Heat oil in a large saucepan. In a large bowl, season chicken with salt & pepper. Add in cornflour and toss to combine. Cook chicken in pan till fully cooked and golden brown.

Set another saucepan on low heat. Add in the rest of the ingredients & stir. Add the chicken & cook for 2-3mins or till all the pieces are evenly coated.



Sprinkle some sesame seeds or spring onions and serve with noodles.