Search This Blog

Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese Sandwich



Valentine's Day is nice. But wouldn't you rather have this hottie for dinner? (pun intended). Cheesy lines aside...I had a lot of my French Onion Soup leftover. So I used the onions from the soup for this recipe. I'll find another way to use the rich soup broth, thank you for asking. I should ideally name this French Onion Soup sandwich, but who cares about technicalities?



This sandwich is sex on toast (again pun intended).


Ingredients:

2 slices of bread
1 tbsp caramelized onions
2 slices cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste


Toast the bread with some butter (optional). I used regular sliced bread, but I'd really recommend using a baguette for this sandwich. The crusty bread is perfect for the soft filling. Add the cheese slices to the open faced bread and microwave for 10secs. The aim is to soften the cheese so that its just about to melt. I used regular sliced cheese, but if you are in a mood to indulge Gruyère or Brie is what I would recommend.


Now spoon in the onions and bring the sandwich together. Et Viola!