Search This Blog

Oreo & Peanut Butter Banana Pops


I did a ton of reading around Vegan desserts and most of them revolve around the humble banana. Its surprising what you can make out of one fruit and how diverse it is.

I got the inspiration for this recipe from BuzzFeed where I stumbled upon a video of someone rolling bananas in granola and chocolate for a tasty breakfast treat. So I thought to myself, why not combine my favourite vegan ingredients?



Serves 1 (Who wants to share?)

1 ripe green banana, chilled (not frozen)
1/2 cup melted dark chocolate
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp soy milk or regular milk if not vegan (optional)
1 pack or 12 oreos crushed as fine or chunky as you prefer
a pinch of salt

You will also need wooden skewers. I trimmed mine down as I cut my bananas in thumb-sized chunks. If using whole or half portioned bananas cut skewers accordingly.



In a bowl mix melted chocolate with peanut butter. Add a dash of soy milk if too thick. You can also add in a neutral tasting oil instead to dilute the mixture. But lets make this dish 'healthy' with soy milk alright? Add a pinch of salt. Salt actually make chocolate taste sweeter!

Place crushed oreos in another bowl. Peel and cut bananas according to preference. I cut my bananas into smaller portions but you can cut it in half or use whole if you prefer. Dip bananas first in the chocolate mix and then roll it in the oreos. Now get ready to dirty your hands. Pick up the banana and insert skewer in the middle.

Eat as is or chill in fridge before devouring!