Search This Blog

30 Rock



For a long time I have looked longingly at my 'Drinks On Me' label wishing it grow. For a long time I was off alcohol you see (long story, don't ask), and swore that the minute I start drinking again, I must mix something for the blog.



So when I did end up mixing a drink, the recipe came to me from one of my favourite TV shows. Fans of 30 Rock will recognise this as Jack  Donaghy's signature drink...other than whiskey ofcourse. To the bartender, its called a Nancy Drew (or Hardy Boy for men if you listen to Jack). To me, its one of the tastiest drinks I've had. It's so refreshing in the summers that sometimes I forget it's alcoholic.

Alec Baldwin calls for a white rum with diet ginger ale and a splash of lime. I've going to go further and use citrus rum to give the drink a nice tangy twist.



In a tall glass pour the following ingredients over ice cubes:

50ml Bacardi Limon or any other citrus white rum*
1/2 can of ginger ale
Juice of 1/2 lemon

*regular white rum will do too

Cheers!